Thursday, February 19, 2015


My WIF (Where I'm From) Is a poem I created about my experiences so far in childhood. Humanities was the workshop for WIF poems from the initial brainstorm to the final product. It is based off a poem created by a women named George Ella Lyon. We took her poem as an idea for how we could make ours.

While I made my WIF it helped me realize and get explain what my life is like for me. It was really fun to make and I'm really happy that I got the opportunity to make this poem. From it I've learned how to make and use metaphors and other writing traits. It was overall a really fun and important experience for me. 

Where I'm From by Kai
I'm from trees, dirt and fresh air.
From Albertsons and my cozy living room.
From walks with my dog in my neighborhood to going out of the state.
I'm from the sun, shade and rain that comes sometimes.
From laughing and talking.
I'm from forgiving and guessing what's going to happen.
From the sweet and bitter tastes that come from old memories.
Memories that live in pictures of times we remember.

I'm from my loud guitar and the music around me.
From food that's from here to some that's not.
I'm from wishing and congratulating.
From kaibug to "this is my other job".
From always knowing everything to always being confused.
From hearing stories I can't remember to telling ones that others can't.
From walking with friends to watching movies.
Im from a house of red to a house of blue.
People come, go and stay at the place where I'm from.

No comments:

Post a Comment